First Aid Warehouse is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
First Aid Warehouse may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/03/2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
What cookies are used on this website?
This is a session cookie used to preserve data across subsequent accesses. It is a temporary cookie that remains in the cookie file of your browser until you close the browser. It is mainly used to maintain your identity.
This is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use and compile meaningful site traffic reports. Read more here:http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/concepts/gaConceptsCookies.html
How to enable and disable cookies using your browser?
Click on the ‘wrench’ icon on the browser (usually found top-right corner) to open the tools menu
From the tools menu select ‘Options’
Click the ‘Under the Hood’ tab from the menu on the left.
In the ‘Privacy’ section, select the ‘Content settings’ button
To enable cookies: select ‘Allow local data to be set’ option
To disable cookies: select ‘Block all cookies’ option
Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Chrome. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Chrome, refer to the following page from Google: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0, 8.0, 9.0, 10.0 and 11.0
Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet Options' In the options window navigate to the 'Privacy' tab
To enable cookies: Set the slider to ‘Medium’ or below
To disable cookies: Move the slider to the top to block all cookies
Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Explorer. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Internet Explorer, refer to the following page from Microsoft: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
Click on 'Tools' at the browser menu and select ‘Options’
Select the Privacy panel
To enable cookies: Check ‘Accept cookies for sites’
To disable cookies: Uncheck at ‘Accept cookies for sites’
Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Firefox. For more information, refer to the following page from Mozilla:http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
Click on 'Setting’ at the browser menu and select 'Settings'
Select ‘Quick Preferences’
To enable cookies: check “Enable Cookies”
To disable cookies: uncheck “Enable Cookies”
Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Opera. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Opera, refer to the following page from Opera Software: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
Safari on OSX
Click on 'Safari' at the menu bar and select the 'Preferences' option
Click on 'Security'
To enable cookies: In the 'Accept cookies' section select 'Only from site you navigate to'
To disable cookies: In the ‘Accept cookies’ section select ‘Never’
Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Safari. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Safari, refer to the following page from Apple: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/en/9277.html
All other browsers
Please look for a “help” function in the browser or contact the browser provider. You can also find more information on following page : http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to First Aid Warehouse, Blue Dot House, 3 Chesford Grange, Warrington WA1 4RQ.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.